Jane Howard

"Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family: Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one."

Monday, April 15, 2013

My Baby Boy turns 2 years old.



Two years ago, my first child was born on April 12th.  I have to say, they do grow so fast.  I still look at my son like, I can't believe I have a child, I can't believe he's mine, or I can't believe I made him.  It's not a bad feeling at all, but more like an excitement kind of feeling. I get those butterfly feeling just thinking about it or when I look at him.  There's different kind of love. Like how you love something is different from loving a person, from loving a child, or from interests.  I love my Son because he is mine.  I love him because we are connected my blood and so many other reason that no other words can describe.

That morning when we woke up, I took little man for a birthday breakfast.  Then my husband and I took him to see a movie in the theater for the first time.  Did well, but didn't really sat still through out the movie.



So anyways, as what my own mother always did for my birthday, we always celebrated with friends and family with a party of some sort.  I believe that I should always do that with my kids.  I have planned for his second birthday for a while.  Even had pictures in my head of how I would have it, but time and electronics go hold of me.  What I had pictured for the party wasn't fulfilled.  I even forgot to capture pictures of the food display.  The paper pom poms I took time making wasn't put up and other decorations I had planned was forgotten.  Honestly, I got lazy and didn't think about time. But that's ok, because at the end I know everyone had fun (hopefully) and that my son had a blast, that I know.

I am very thankful that I have a friend that helped me out with the party and a husband I could ask to run errands for me. Because without them, I know I wouldn't have had the party the way it came to be, probably worse.  At least I had the food and drinks for everyone, favors to give out, and entertainment for the kids.  I think those are the main thing that a kid party should have.  And guest, this will be lesson learned for the next time. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment